From SF Gate:
The war in Iraq is costing $10 billion every month. That's a one followed by 10 zeroes. It's almost impossible to comprehend, so let me give you some perspective. $10 billion a month could...
- ...pay for an across-the-board 25% reduction in taxes for oil companies.
- ...house, feed, and torture nearly 6 million prisoners - 7.5 million if those prisoners are in Afghanistan.
- ...fund nearly 500,000 quail-hunting trips.
- ...allow for 75,000 additional wiretaps.
- ...buy over 12 million Medals of Freedom.
- ...leave 225,000 more minority children behind.