(In Flashbacks, we revisit old unrealized comedic material unearthed from old notebooks and post-it notes. Flashbacks are oldies that never had a chance to become goodies.)
Overheard in Berkeley - March 2005
1. At Cheese & Stuff
"'Wassup, wassup.' Pfft. 'Wassup wassup.' What kind of music is this for a store? Rap? Rrrap? I don't like this 'wassup' business? Pffft."
- Middle-aged woman behind the counter (not in a small town)
2. At the Berkeley College Republicans table
"Look, I'm an easygoing guy. but when you start taking my money? That's when I start naming names."
- Republican douchebag (possibly facing a blacklist?)
3. At the juice-and-snacks recuperation area of a blood drive
"I had to take American Sign Language at a community college for my foreign language requirement."
"Do you remember any of it?"
"Like, the alphabet?"
"I fucking hate the alphabet!"
- Two guys devouring single-serving packages of Cheez-its after donating blood